OFF THE ROAD SAFETY
I am Boots, and I am the National Sergeant-at-Arms for Leather & Lace MC.
The vision of the Sergeant at Arms Office is to ensure our club is safe, secure and protected from threats and hazards.
The Duties of the Leather & Lace MC Sgt at Arms are:
- To ensure the safety and security of all members and their property through education, surveillance and intervention
- To ensure the safety and security of all club property through maintenance, surveillance and intervention
- To guide the club in safety and security measures with a commitment to serve with excellence
I served as a United States Marine for 20 years: Non-Commissioned Officer, Drill Instructor, Chief Drill Instructor, Platoon Leader, Staff Non-Commissioned Officer, Company GySgt, and 1stSgt of Marines.
I also served in the Fire Service for 20 years: Firefighter/EMT, Engineer, Lieutenant, Captain, Fire Instructor, and Battalion Chief.
I am a certified National Rifle Association Basic Pistol Instructor, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor, Range Safety Officer, and maintain a Concealed Weapons Permit.
I have been a Sister of Leather & Lace MC since 2009 and the National Sgt-at-Arms since 2014.
The National Sgt at Arms office is dedicated to keeping Leather & Lace MC and its members safe, secure, and protected from inside and outside threats and hazards.
ON THE ROAD SAFETY
I am FireDog and I am one of the National Road Captains for Leather & Lace MC. Our Road Captain’s motto is "We move as one, one Nation, one Spirit, one Pack."
The Duties of a Leather and Lace MC Road Captain are:
- To ensure the safety of all Sisters
- Maintain First Aid kits
- Track sisters traveling to and from National Events
- Perform spot safety checks on member motorcycles looking for safety or mechanical problems
- Evaluate riding ability and bike fit
- Plan Rides and routes for National rides
- Provide safety education to the Nation
Throughout the year the Road Captains provide the Nation with Safety training and information. We cover how to react when in an accident, or come on an accident, Bike Fit, Basic Bike checks, We cover what is on the market for riding gear, and we provide CPR and AED training.
I have over 30 years in the Fire Service. I am currently a Captain, EMT-Basic, Engineer, Firefighter III, and Fire Instructor.
I am also an American Heart Association CPR and First Aid Instructor.
I have been a proud Member of Leather & Lace MC since 2003.
I along with the Road Captian Team try to provide the best information we can. We are available to answer any questions you may have.